Here’s the list of SPRs and enhancements added to a product release. Here’s a short summary, but all Arbortext products have been affected in the 6.0 M030 release. Platform support, browser support, languages and localization are all addressed in the release notes. We highly recommend you log in to the support site and read the release notes (login required) and SPR fix list for more details.
SPR Fixes Summary
- Arbortext Editor Changes — Support for Creo View, Updates for Arbortext IsoView
- PTC Server connection changes — DITA Resource Manager support
- Repository Adapter changes — Support for Documentum Webtop 6.7
- Documentation changes — AOM DocumentUnload documentation in Arbortext Programmer’s Reference corrected, HelpCenter updated for all products
Details for specific SPR Fixes
- 2077088: An installation of Arbortext Editor and Styler on Windows 7 can make a file type association to “Arbortext Editor with Styler” instead of “Arbortext Editor”.
- 2087748: EPS images with Japanese characters in their location path / filename are displayed in Edit view as expected.
- 2088518: 32-bit per pixel BMP graphics display as expected in Edit view.
- 2089266: The AOM DocumentUnload event will be fired when a window is closed even if there are other edit windows open.
- 2089563: An ACL script will be able to copy to the clipboard after an external paste.
- 2089728: The doc_flatten() function will flatten XIncludes that do not end with a tag.
- 2091516: Arbortext Editor no longer unexpectedly terminates when updating an entity or marked section definition when a document contains an element with an attribute value where the attribute is of type “ENTITIES”.
- 2091723: Arbortext Editor no longer unexpectedly terminates when pasting HTML from certain content in Microsoft products.
- 2094502: ACL variable substitution will now work correctly for commands that span multiple lines.
- 2096403: Arbortext Editor will no longer produce invalid table markup on inserting a row or column when the table model is declared in a certain way in a schema.
- 2096901: Audience package information is identified during a Print operation
- 2096926: Arbortext Editor no longer unexpectedly terminates with a capacity error when opening a document using certain .style files.
- 2097446: Arbortext Editor will no longer ignore a root element’s namespace declaration in some situations where the root tag and its attributes are longer than 1024 characters.
- 2097933: Arbortext Editor no longer unexpectedly terminates in some cases when a table containing a cell with vertical alignment is re-recognized due to an external markup change.
- 2099319: Arbortext Editor will now allow more than 20 menus to be added to a menubar or toolbar.
- 2099762: Arbortext Editor no longer unexpectedly terminates when an XPath function is called on an empty document.
- 2100374: The With descendents dialog box is disabled when checking in a DITA map
- 2101193: Arbortext Editor no longer unexpectedly terminates in some cases when a table containing a cell with vertical alignment is re-recognized due to an external markup change
- 2092915: Saving changes to a Resolved Document for Editing (RDE) no longer copies stylesheet associations from the parent map to its child objects.
- 2093983: A burst in operation no longer fails with missing dependencies caused by filenames being truncated to 256 characters
- 2074849: All characters referencing a combined font that maps to an undefined font will use the same default fallback font instead.
- 2088741: A drag and drop action of content in a generated text setting moves the content as expected.
- 2091291: The Start At numbering dialog now prevents entry of an invalid XML element/attribute name.
- 2092684: Stylesheets can now reference stylesheet modules in doctypes without absolute paths.
- 2092968: An XSL-HTML stylesheet exported from a .style file will not rely on _acl:eval for graphic handling during HTML publishing when it is not available.
- 2095621: Publishing to RTF will no longer remove whitespace only nodes from link elements.
- 2097120: Whitespace-only inline text nodes are no longer deleted when a stylesheet is exported to XSL-FO RTF.
- 2098562: Values that evaluate to 0 are now correctly treated as a non-blank string when matching condition tests.
- 2104775: Footnotes from elements with an ID no longer display multiple callout numbers.
- 2098799: Schemas referencing map modules via and statements can be loaded into a Map template without generating errors.
- 2099017: When toxml twoway metadata rules are present, a user can check out a read-only document loaded in Arbortext Editor, that has been modified by another user since it was loaded, without generating a Can’t open object error
- 2090868: A text field in a XUI dialog box will display scroll bars when the text content exceeds the size of the field
- 2061637: CGM images are converted correctly when publishing a PDF with set isoviewfileformats=cgm applied.
- 2063544: Highly vectorized SVG graphics no longer cause an unexpected termination when generating PDF output.
- 2077543: The Unicode Zero Width Space character is expanded using word space extra when justifying text.
- 2081513: Publishing a PDF document to disk under bigjobthreshold limits will use the selected stylesheet as expected.
- 2084017: APP now correctly handles the difference between Arabic and Hebrew layout of numbers.
- 2085362: The condition leading to a formatter failure formerly reported in the pubtex log file as layout error – pre-hyphen character count is negative will no longer be treated as a fatal error, allowing publishing to continue.
- 2085372: Reference marks for footnotes in XSL output (PDF and HTML) now include an active link to the footnote.
- 2085652: Reference marks for footnotes in XSL-FO PDF output now include an active link to the footnote.
- 2086254: Mid-document indexes appear in PDF output generated by the APP engine.
- 2086780: APP’s Unicode support has been updated to Unicode 5.1.0.
- 2086982: Publishing a document to RTF will now proceed if the RTF template associated with the stylesheet contains \falt constructs.
- 2089548: The option to select a PDF configuration file is no longer available when publishing PDF via Adobe Distiller with the FOSI or XSL-FO print engines.
- 2091934: A repeating table title no longer causes a failure in a PDF publishing operation.
- 2094247: Spans and keeps from multi-column content are obeyed as expected.
- 2094248: A generated text rule before a graphic is positioned as expected when publishing through APP.
- 2096636: Documents with cross references to IDs longer than 72 characters can
now be formatted successfully using the FOSI print engine without triggering a message that the ID value is not valid for savetext: textid.
- 2096922: TeX memory has been increased to allow certain large documents to format.
- 2097225: Speed optimizations have been implemented in the 64-bit build to improve time taken to publish PDF with the APP engine.
- 2097339: PSRaster and PStill libraries have been updated to handle EPS images correctly in PDF output generated by APP.
- 2101191: Publishing no longer terminates with a pure function called error.
- 2101782: spanspec settings for CALS tables are honored in PDF output generated by the APP print engine.
- 2103540: Spaces between adjacent inline elements are no longer removed from output generated by the APP engine.
- 2104123: Arbortext Styler no longer terminates unexpectedly when previewing APP output of a document.
Arbortext Publishing Engine
- 2097139: Information regarding font substitution carried out during a PE-Tie or PE-Interactive PDF publishing process is now written to the compose log.
- 2097476: The PE Rendition Request Processor no longer causes Document Manager’s Rendition Services to fail when processing rendition requests for documents that have no content.
For more information..
Documentation supporting Arbortext is delivered in the Arbortext Editor Help Center. Documentation for this and all recent releases can also be downloaded from the Reference Documentation area ofÂ the PTC web site at ptc.com.
Get useful tips and valuable resources every month
Join the thousands who know just how much we share.