Here’s the list of SPRs and enhancements added to the APP V11 M010 product release. We highly recommend you log in to the support site and read the release notes
The main feature of this release is the work PTC has done on PDF standards. In the PDF print options dialogue you’ll see a few changes:
- The ‘General’ tab now has a ‘Color Profiles’ area where you can specify the default color profiles to apply to the PDF for different color models.
- The ‘Linked images’ selector now has a ‘Passthrough’ option which tells APP to pass any linked images directly through to the PDF creation library, effectively maintaining any color profiles applied to that image.
- There is a new ‘Standards’ tab which features selectors for PDF/X and PDF/A standards. You can select the level of compliance you want to aim for there. You must make sure that all your other settings comply with that standard.
- Also on the ‘Standards’ tab are options to apply an output intent.
- You will also notice a ‘Security’ tab in the PDF options. This allows you to set passwords and permissions for your PDF
SPR Fixes Summary
- Fixed issue when restarting a nested table mid way through a row span and with a header too (SPR 2066886)
- Prevented ‘column too narrow’ error messages when ‘overlap’ option is enabled and they have no content (SPR 2066886)
- Modified ‘column too narrow’ error messages to reflect behaviour when ‘overlap’ option is enabled (SPR 2066886)
- PDF driver now passes JPEG image compression option to EPS processor, when selected. (SPR 2069166)
- Fixed overflow of a table when using <!–?tbrkeept –>, when there are cells spanning from previous rows which aren’t in the first column. (SPR 2074162)
- Fixed crash when loading some TIFF images. (SPR 2066784)
- Fixed issue with nested tables or blocks that span and then break to a new frame or page (SPR 2075732)
- Fixed random crash when accessing attributes with no name through DOM (SPR 2076303)
- Fixed missing image problem in PDF driver when too many EPS files are included. (SPR 2077998)
- Fixed occasional crashes when using defaultRow.fTableCell and defaultRow.fTableStyle. (SPR 2081988)
- Updated Unicode support to version 5.1.0 (SPR 2086780)
- Fixed problem with Unicode BIDI support in Arabic text. (SPR 2084017)
- The top_break argument of formatting.tableEnd() was being ignored. (SPR 2093699)
- Implemented better support for vertical justification with multiple levels of blocks. (SPR 2053634)
- Fixed problem with slow file writing in 64 bit version.
- Fixed possible crash in Dieckmann Hyphenation system. (SPR 2093148)
- Preserve Symbol font mapping to Private Use Area when specified. (SPR 2093503)
- Fixed problem with missing Arabic glyphs. (SPR 2093538)
- Setting special break flags in <!–?h –> PI now overrides Unicode line breaking rules. (SPR 2093726)
- Improved memory usage with the XML printer driver. (SPR 2053117)
- Fixed XML Printer driver to stop filtering characters in the Unicode Private Use Area range. (SPR 2084043)
- Fixed XSLT format-number function. (SPR 2092921)
- Fixed pointer error when printing to a Postscript printer in the 64 bit version. (SPR 2092565)
- Fixed problem with PDF page bookmarks when top gap or left gap is specified in document preferences. (SPR 2095879)
- Fixed problem with XML parsing using a significant amount of memory. (SPR 2074116)
- Fixed problem with XML default namespaces not working with context matching. (SPR 2072521)
- Fixed problem with APP 64 bit crashing during XSLT transformation. (SPR 2079327)
- Fixed timing issue with XSLT taking too long to transform a XML file to a Perl script. (SPR 2061281)
For more information..
Documentation supporting Arbortext is delivered in the Arbortext Editor Help Center. Documentation for this and all recent releases can also be downloaded from the Reference Documentation area of the PTC web site at ptc.com.
Get useful tips and valuable resources every month
Join the thousands who know just how much we share.