Below I’m going to demonstrate how to customize your workspace list so that you can see if any of your documents are out of date. Being able to quickly see which files are out of date will help to save you time and ensure that you’re always working on the updated versions.
- Open your working copy and click on Product Name to the right of ‘products’. In this example ‘Niagra’ is the product.
- Open the ‘All’ drop down menu then click ‘customize’.
- In the workspace-listing window select the two discs at the top in the ‘All’ column.
- Create a name and description then click step 4(Set Column Display)
- Under ‘Available Columns’ scroll down and select ‘Out of Date’. Click the arrow that points to the right to add to the ‘Selected Columns’
- The ‘Out of Date’ column is now in the ‘Selected Columns’ box. Move the ‘Out of Date’ status to the top of the list by clicking the box to the right. It should be second from the top. Click ‘Finish’
- You will now see which files are out of date by viewing the workspace through the customized list you just created. Select the list in the ‘Pick a view’ drop down menu.
- A clock will appear in the ‘Out of Date’ column for any documents that are out of date.
Now you can quickly find which files are out of date and update them quickly and easily. This will also help to prevent working on files which aren’t up-to-date yet.
Get useful tips and valuable resources every month
Join the thousands who know just how much we share.