Have you ever wanted to learn how to check out and check in objects in Arbortext Editor? We’ll also show you how to save those changes, and how the next person can see the updated changes.
Let’s begin! First we’re going to check out an object that we already have open.
- Click Object and select Check Out Object from the drop down menu.
- The key symbol verifies that the object is checked out. To demonstrate changes made to the object, we’re deleting all the empty elements.
3. Now that all the empty elements have been deleted, click Object and select Check In from the drop down menu. Track changes by leaving comments in the Check In Comments box and click OK to save.
4. As you can see the object has not been updated because the empty elements are still there.
5. The object still needs to be updated. Click File and select Update Document from the drop down menu.
6. The document has been successfully been updated because the empty elements have been deleted.
Get useful tips and valuable resources every month
Join the thousands who know just how much we share.