Arbortext Content Manager Web Parts for SharePoint seamlessly integrates Arbortext Content Manager (aka Windchill) with Sharepoint. The integration allows you to deliver content that exists inside ACM to the rest of the enterprise.
ACM Web Parts for SharePoint gives you the power of a “single source of truth”, a master data management system with the ease-of-use and familiar Microsoft environment that SharePoint provides. Your staff is more productive because they can find the right content, at the right time, when they need it, the way they need it.
ACM Web Parts for SharePoint has several key features:
- It provides views and access to the information contained within the master data management repository, including business reports and metrics, 3D reports on assembly and products status, document libraries, images, task lists, etc.
- It gives you access to perform ad-hoc searches to quickly find or access essential content that lives in Windchill or SharePoint
- It gives you access to SharePoint’s native calendars, wikis, and discussion forums that enable collaboration among users and associates that content back to the related content inside ACM.
- It can be combined with other web parts to capture data from additional enterprise systems such as enterprise resource planning (ERP), supply chain management (SCM), or manufacturing execution systems (MES). As with other web parts, you can include ACM information into your comprehensive dashboard view of the business.
ACM Web Parts for SharePoint 2.0 is supported by Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and takes advantage of the most advanced capabilities of SharePoint to improve the user experience.
- Search results aggregate all known ACM and SharePoint content
- Search results include visualization-rich results, such as icons, images, and fly-out detail panels
- Search results include SharePoint metadata such as tagging and rating of product content from key contributors.
Note: For traditional engineering groups who use the other PTC products, ACM-specific web parts include a 3D Creo Elements/View image viewer, a 3D Creo Elements/View report in which parts are color coded by specified criteria, a related items web part used for associated documents and drawings, an entity details web part, and a structure viewing web part used for parts lists and where-used reports.
ACM Web Parts for SharePoint combines the power of ACM with the simplicity of SharePoint to expose key product content from ACM within the familiar SharePoint environment. By improving access to product data, you can streamline many processes throughout the enterprise and enable collaboration between cross-functional groups during the product development, content creation, and delivery processes.