Here’s the list of the top 5 resources new Arbortext customers should know about. If you’re an Arbortext User, you should know about these resources:
- Arbortext 101: Best Practices for Configuring, Authoring, Styling, and Publishing with Arbortext: This book gives you everything you need to establish a good foundation with your Arbortext environment. It’s short and to the point.
- Arbortext TC Dojo: The TC Dojo has a special Arbortext Edition and sponsors an Arbortext Mastermind group. The TC Dojo is a series of webinars where the topics are chosen by the community and driven by community needs. In the TC Dojo-Arbortext Edition, we cover topics of interest to Arbortext users. TC Dojo web sessions are free to attend; Mastermind group conference calls are not.
- The Arbortext ACL Code Archive: Over the years, members of the adepters mailing list found they referred to several historical posts on a regular basis. To simplify their own information retrieval and to preserve that knowledge in a neutral location, they created a website pulling the best of the archive out and posting it there. If you’re going down the ACL road and customizing your Arbortext environment, there’s some really good information in the Arbortext ACL Code Archive. In 2016, this site moved to the TC Dojo Forums. The Adepters Archive is free and open to the public. The other forums are not.
- Arbortext @ PTC Communities: Archives from the long-running Arbortext mailing list, adepters, was moved to the Arbortext forum @ PTC Communities. PTC staff and product managers monitor the forums along with many long-time users. The earliest messages date from 1996. If you have a question, it’s a really good resource.
- Arbortext User Group: The Arbortext User Group has a pretty good presence online. There’s a forum @ PTC Communities, a LinkedIn group, a Facebook Group, a Meetup Group, and a YouTube channel with copies of recordings from previous meetings.
Those are the top 5 resources, but I’ll add one more resource as a bonus:
Everything you need to know about Arbortext condensed and explained in one place: Everything Arbortext in One Place by the Arbortext User Group
This article started as part four of the four-part series. Read the complete series:
- Part 1: Resources for Single-Sourcing Projects
- Part 2: Top 6 book choices
- Part 3: Top 12 online topic-specific resources
- Part 4: Top 4 resources for Arbortext users.
Get useful tips and valuable resources every month
Join the thousands who know just how much we share.